Major Cryptocurrency Events to Keep an Eye on in March
March is slated to be a very active month for upcoming crypto events, with a number of major blockchain projects launching testnets and mainnets. These launches are something every investor should actively monitor, as pre-launch rallies have been fairly common in recent months.
Here are some of the major upcoming events in March:
- Insolar (INS) – March 4 – Testnet v1.1
- Theta Token (THETA) – March 15 – Mainnet launch
- Steem (STEEM) – March 24 – Mainnet launch
- Einsteinium (EMC2) – March 11 – Block halvening
- Quarkchain (QKC) – March 31 – Mainnet launch
- Nucleus Vision (NCASH) – March 31 – NA product launch, 25,000 ION sensors
- Dent (DENT) – March 31 – Adding SMS into the dapps and voice telephony
- Enigma (ENG) – March 31 – Testnet release
- IoTex (IOTX) – March 31 – Mainnet alpha
- Mainframe (MFT)- March 31 – Initial platform release
- Aelf (ELF) – March 31 – Mainnet launch
- QLINK (QLC) – March 31 – Mainnet launch
- Aeron (ARN) – March 31 – Mobile wallet launch
- Simple Token (OST) – March 31 – Mainnet beta
- Mithril (MITH) – March 31 – Vault payment launch
Out of the list, the mainnet launches for Theta, Aelf and Steem look to be the most notable.
Theta Token’s mainnet is scheduled to launch on March 15, with a 1:1 token swap from ERC-20 THETA to the native token on the Theta blockchain. The total supply will be capped at 1 billion. Additionally, an initial supply of Theta Fuel, the new operational token of the protocol, will be seeded. According to the Theta team, this is projected to be a 5:1 distribution for each THETA held.
THETA is up a whopping 165% in the last month, as investor interest has clearly taken hold leading up to its launch.
Aelf’s mainnet is scheduled to launch on March 31. As the project previously hit 15,000 TPS on its testnet, this is one of the more anticipated mainnet launches of early 2019. Aelf is developing a decentralized “Cloud Operating System” designed to become a central hub for all blockchains.
ELF is up 52% over the last month with significant upside, as the token is down over 86% in the last year.
Steem’s Smart Media Tokens (SMTs), a native digital asset similar to ERC-20 tokens on the Steem blockchain that can be quickly launched by anyone to help monetize online content and create incentives, are also scheduled to launch on March 31. This is a major protocol launch on the Steem blockchain, bringing it to full functionality.
STEEM is up over 38% in the last month, further indicating that mainnet launches are driving significant value in 2019.
Disclaimer: This article’s author has cryptocurrency holdings that can be tracked here. This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice. Always conduct your own due diligence before making investments.